Everyone knows how to grill a sausage. Our Meatless Sausages on the grill need only 3-4 minutes to be perfectly juicy inside and crispy on the outside. To make them even better, just serve them with two delicious plant-based sauces. Check how to prepare them!
- Meatless BBQ Sausages
for plum sauce:
- a few plums, chopped or 6 tablespoons of plum jam (preferably not too sweet)
- half a teaspoon of soy sauce
- 4 tbsp brown sugar / 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- half a teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup of water
for vegan tzatziki sauce:
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable yogurt
- ⅓ vegan feta cubes
- 1 large cucumber
- a few cloves of garlic
- the juice of half a large lemon
- optional: chopped dill, a tablespoon of vegetable mayonnaise
1. Combine all the ingredients for the plum sauce in a saucepan with a thick bottom and stew until the sauce is reduced to the desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to burn the sauce!
2. Tzatziki: wash the cucumber thoroughly and grate it, salt and squeeze it, preferably through a cloth. Chop the garlic finely. Combine all ingredients and put the sauce in the fridge, preferably a few hours before serving.
3. Grill the sausages until they are perfectly crispy and browned. Serve with plum sauce and veggie tzatziki!