Nothing gives you energy for the whole day like a decent breakfast! And one of the best breakfasts in the world is a plant-based version of the traditional egg and bacon combination ;) Recreating the taste of fried eggs in a plant-based version is easy! The key is the so-called black salt (or kala namak), which has an egg-like smell. Scrambled tofu is best when you add ingredients rich in flavor – it can be all kinds of vegetables you like, but nothing will make you full for a long time than our Meatless Bacon! It was designed to go perfecty with breakfasts and after frying for a while will mimic the real thing – but still be 100% plant-based :)
2-3 slices of Meatless Bacon
½ cube of natural tofu
½ white onion
handful of chives
¼ cup of vegetable milk, e.g. soy milk
1-2 tbsp of chickpea flour
½ teaspoon of turmeric
½ teaspoon of black salt and a big pinch of pepper
1. Dice Meatless Bacon and onion and fry in a pan with a little coconut oil or vegan butter. After a while, remove them from the pan.
2. Crumble the tofu into small pieces with your fingers.
3. Heat vegan butter in a pan and fry the tofu with added turmeric. Add chickpea flour, pepper, and black salt to the vegetable milk and mix well. Pour the milk into the tofu and fry for a while.
4. At the end of frying, add the onions and Meatless Bacon to the tofu.
5. Eat sprinkled with chives with your favorite bread.